Fictionized
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dance with my father again

4 posters

Go down

Dance with my father again Empty Dance with my father again

Post  Music* Sat May 03, 2008 12:39 pm

Title: Dance with my father again
By: Neny (Music*)
Summary: She takes a look at her pictures and thinks about the days they were taken.
Further Information: I've written this fic while I was madly in love with the song Dance with my father again by Luther Vandross.

I just looked on Dougiefied to find a standalone to post on here, 'cause I didn't know which one to post. I looked in the topic from this standalone and saw that Kimberli read it... Sad

<3

Dance with my father again

‘’Baby, don’t cry. Everything is going to be okay, you’ll see!’’ He whispered in my ear and wiped my tears away. I looked up at him and smiled when I saw his smiling face. He picked me up from the lawn and danced with me in the moonlight, I immediately forgot about Dougie, my neighbour who stole my candy.

I smiled when I looked at the picture in front of me, he was holding me tight in his arms. Our first comforting dance in the moonlight, a dance followed by many more dances. But for the most important one…

‘’It’s going to be okay, baby. You’ll see! Come one, let me see your beautiful smile!’’ He whispered in my ear and wiped my tears away. I looked up at him and smiled at him when I saw his smiling face. He held his hand out for me and I took it willingly. There we were in our backyard, dancing in the moonlight and soon I forgot about Dougie, who called me names in front of all of his friends.

Another beautiful picture, this time I could dance with him while my feet were touching the lawn. I was crushed that day, I couldn’t believe that Dougie could say such things to me and humiliate me in front of everyone. Two days later everything was good again, a ten year old girl doesn’t stay angry.

‘’It will be okay, baby. Smile for me and be happy.’’ He whispered in my ear and we danced in the moonlight. Soon I forgot about Dougie, how he didn’t pick me up for prom and how I found out that he was there with another girl. Not with me, with somebody else.

Probably the most beautiful picture in the album. Me in my prom dress, looking happy in his arms. He always made me smile, especially when we were dancing there in our backyard. I looked out of the window and pictured our backyard, me and him dancing there. I just wished…

‘’Everything is going to be okay, baby! I promise…’’ He whispered in my ear and got up carefully. He held his hand out for me and of course I took it. We danced there, in our backyard. The moonlight made the tears in our eyes glimmer. ‘’Be happy baby, keep that smile on your face. Soon the best day of your life will appear and you will look beautiful. He loves you and you love him,’’ He whispered. Tears rolled down my cheeks when he said the words I didn’t want to hear. ‘’I love you baby, this will be our last dance…’’

Tears rolled down my cheeks when I looked at that picture, he was right. Today was the day… I put the picture aside and a knock on the door made me look up. It was time to go, finally. I walked towards him and was glad that we were only there with our closest family and friends. Stood in front of him I smiled and looked in his eyes, he knew exactly what I was thinking. I heard someone talking but wasn’t paying that much attention, luckily I said the right words at the right time. He kissed me softly, his hand on my swollen belly and he whispered the words that I wanted to hear so badly. ‘’Don’t cry baby. Keep a smile on your face…for him! He is watching over you, I promise.’’

‘’Daddy, I’m pregnant,’’ I whispered. He slowly got up and walked towards us. ‘’Take care of my girl Dougie, your wedding day has to be the most beautiful day of her life. I won’t be around to walk her down the aisle and I won’t be there to dance with her. I want you to dance with her and to love her for ever! Take care of my grandchild and be the best father you can ever be.’’ He said smiling. He hugged me and put his hand on my stomach. ‘’Congratulations baby.’’

His arms around me, my head on his chest. The moonlight made the tears in our eyes glimmer and lighted our backyard. ‘’I wish it could be him you were dancing with right now,’’ he suddenly whispered. I looked up at him and smiled while a tear rolled down my cheek. ‘’It wasn’t meant to be, you know that and I know that too. But I would have loved to dance with him again,’’ I said and kissed him softly. I leaned back and looked up to the sky. ‘’I love you daddy, someday we will dance again…’’
Music*
Music*

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-04-19

Back to top Go down

Dance with my father again Empty Re: Dance with my father again

Post  Tanita (: Sun May 04, 2008 9:15 am

Neutral
Sad
That was so sad, but still beautiful.
Her dad died? Why?Sad

Stupid Dougie, when he was younger.