Fictionized
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miserable At Best

4 posters

Go down

Miserable At Best Empty Miserable At Best

Post  Jordan[: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:30 am

Title: Miserable At Best.
By: Jordan
Rating: none.
Summary: Danny has to leave. His girlfriend remaining a ocean away. Would it actually work?
Further Information: I actually really, really like this. Which is weird as I wrote it, but I do. Thanks to Mayday Parade for writing an amazing song called Miserable At Best, which this is obviously based off. So go listen to that. :]

----------------

"Katie, don't cry. Please, don't cry." Danny pleaded, holding onto his girlfriends' hands as if he let go she would fly away.
"I'm trying, Danny. I can't just let you go." Danny watched, heartbroken as tears continued streaming down Katie's face.
“Katie, I need you to try as hard as you can. For me . . . please? I don’t know if I’ll be able to leave if I know you are like this.” Danny took a deep breath, pulling back in his tears that threatened to fall.
“Then don’t go.” Katie replied simply, looking away from her boyfriend and down at their interlocked fingers.
“I have to go. My mom needs me . . .” Danny wiped away the single tear sliding down his face.,
“Ocala is so far away . . . That’s a whole ocean from London.” Katie murmured, swallowing the lump in her throat.
“Nothing will change. I’ll come back as soon as I can. I’ll call you every day. You will be on my mind every minute, of every day. Exactly as you are now. All those nights when we would lay out and look at the sky? And every night there would be one star shining brighter than the rest? That star is like your eyes, nothing shines quite as bright. No one comes in comparison. Always you, all the time.” Danny finished, several tears now rolling down his face, pulling his girlfriend into a tight embrace, he knew he had lied.
Everything, from that moment on, would change.

--

“Katie, that guy has been watching you since we got here, go talk to him!” Katie groaned as her friend Melody nodded to a man across the room. As she looked over at him, he winked, to which Katie couldn’t help but respond with a slight smile. She couldn’t deny, he was quite good-looking.
Katie turned back to her friend. “I have a boyfriend, Mel.”
“Who happens to be thousands of miles away.” Melody smirked. She had seen Katie depressed since Danny left. That was two months ago. And honestly, she was tired of it.
Katie didn’t respond.
“When was the last time he called? A week, Katie. It’s not like you’d be cheating. Just talk to the boy, maybe dance.” Melody continued to urge Katie on.
Katie sighed but gave in. She needed to get her mind off Danny . . . and the fact that he hadn’t called in a week.
Katie smiled and turning in the direction of the man, who, in fact, was still staring. Winking, Katie turned back to Melody.
“If he wants to come, he will.” Katie shrugged.
“Well, you don’t have to wait too long.” Melody smirked and made herself disappear.
“Do you wanna dance?” The man from across the room was suddenly next to her, a hopeful look on his face. Katie nodded as he lead her into the crowd of dancing bodies.
Pulling Katie close, the man opened his mouth. “I’m Kale.” The man, Kale, yelled over the music. “Katie.” She replied grinning.
After dancing for half a hour, the couple tired out and headed to the bar. Ordering two beers, Kale turned to Katie.
“So, um, wanna come back to mine?” Kale asked.
Katie giggle, realizing that was exactly what Danny had said the first time they met.
Danny.
Katie froze as her boyfriends face appeared in her mind. As if on cue, Katie’s cell phone began vibrating in her pocket. Without reading the caller id, Katie pulled it out and flipped it open. “Hello?”
Silence. Katie pulled the phone back from her ear, the call hadn’t been disconnected. Putting it back to her ear, she spoke again. “Hello? Anyone there?”
“Here.” Kale said, handing her a beer. Nodding her thanks, Katie turned her attention back to the phone. “If you don’t speak now, I’m hanging up.”
“Hey Katie.” Danny’s quiet voice replied.
“Oh, Danny. Hi.” Katie said surprised.
Looking up, she saw Kale staring at her, obviously waiting on an answer.
Danny didn’t reply. Katie said nothing more.
“Do you wanna dance some more?” Kale asked, sliding off his seat. Katie shook her head and Kale say back down.
“Who’s that?” Danny nearly whispered.
“I can’t hear you Dan. I’m at the club. Let me get outside and call you back.” Katie hung up, sliding the phone back in her pocket and climbing off her seat.
“I’ve gotta go Kale.”
“Um, okay.” Kale sighed, disappointed. “Can I get your number?” There went that hopeful look again.
Katie nodded, grabbed a pen off the bar and wrote her number on the back of Kale’s hand.
“I’ll be calling you.” Kale smirked and Katie made her way out of the club.

Walking around the side of the club, she began dialing Danny’s number.
No ‘hello’, no ‘I miss you’, no ‘I’m sorry its been a week’, just shouting.
“Who was he, Katie? Do you hook up with every guy you see now? Do I mean nothing to you?”
“Danny-“
“Don’t even lie to me, I know he wasn’t ‘just a friend’.”
“Danny-!”
“How many guys have you been with since I left?”
“Would you shut up!” Katie screamed.
Silence came from the other end of the line.
“Who was he? I don’t know, Dan. All I know is his name is Kale-“
“Do-“
“Do not interrupt me, Daniel Jones.” Katie yelled. He asked the questions, he was gonna get his freaking answers. “I haven’t hooked up with one guy, much less ‘every guy I see’.
No, you don’t mean nothing to me. You mean everything to me.
I wouldn’t lie to you. He wasn’t even a friend, I don’t even know him.
If you let me answer, you wouldn’t have had to ask twice. And if you actually knew me, you’d know I would never do that to you. You lied before you left. ‘Nothing will change’, everything has changed. Including me. Starting now.”
“Kat-“ Katie snapped her phone shut. Matching back up to the door of the club, she showed the bouncer the stamp on her arm and he let her in. As soon as she got in, she looked around, looking for her target. Spotting the target, she walked up to him, pushing his friends out of the way, and kissed him hard on the lips.
“Yes.” Katie grinned pulling away.
“Yes?”
“Yes.”
“Oh . . . Oh!” Kale’s eyes lit up as he lead Katie out the door.

--

Danny say frozen. Starting at his phone, jaw open, eyes wide. He could not believe his stupidity. How could he think such things about the girl he loved? The girl who loved him. The girl who had been with him through thick and thin. The girl.
Dropping his head in his hands; Danny cried.
He could blame it on the face he hadn’t slept in three days, he could blame it on the face that his mom had just died, there were countless things he could blame it on. But it all boiled down to one thing.
Katie.

“Katie. I just wanted to say I’m sorry and I love you.
I shouldn’t have said the things I did. And I’m not
going to make up an excuse to why I did. I miss you,
I love you, I need you. But I now know I can’t have
you. Find someone better for you, because it obviously
isn’t me. I hope the best for you. And I will always
love you. Forever and ever. Always you, all the time.

–Danny Jones

These words were never easier for me to say
or you to second guess. But I guess, that I
can live without you, but with out you I'll be
miserable at best.
Jordan[:
Jordan[:

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Back to top Go down

Miserable At Best Empty Re: Miserable At Best

Post  Mileythesmiley Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:45 am

WOOT! WOOT!
I loooove it.

It's amazing, Jordankinsss.

<3
Mileythesmiley
Mileythesmiley
Admin

Number of posts : 878
Registration date : 2008-02-14

http://www.myspace.com/marialearnstorock

Back to top Go down

Post  Julesbox. Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:38 am

[center]I'm hyperventilating.
My heart is racing like a freaking aoufihsnaijusda.
JORDAN.
Are you seriously the writer of this MASTERPIECE?
like...OH EM GEE.
OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHH.
I can't get over it.
You don't even know.
I didn't love it.
I do more than love it.
I'm in love with it.
I adore it.
I want you to be my god.
I'll bow for you, cause you are amazing.
This..i'm lost for words.
Jordan, this is in top 3 of the best standalone's i've ever read.
HOLY CRASHING PILOT.
GOD.
JORDAN.
I adore you.
So effin much.
You don't have a clue.[/center]
Julesbox.
Julesbox.

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down