Fictionized
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saints aren't meant for demons

2 posters

Go down

Saints aren't meant for demons Empty Saints aren't meant for demons

Post  Bsangel Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:59 pm

This is a short story I am working on called "Angels aren't meant for demons". I am not completely sure about that title yet, but for the time being I am leaving it at that. This is a story about a demon named Ario and a young girl named Allysa. Ario is just plain bored with everything, but when he meets Alysa things take an unsuspected turn, and from there it just keeps on going...
I apologize for the very short introduction, but that I really do not know much more than that about the story scratch ( which is why I enjoy writing it). So I am looking forward to the progress in the story as you hopefully will.
Any who enjoy Very Happy study

Saints aren’t meant for demons

Ario hated everything around him. He hated the dust, swirling on the ground and floating into his lungs every time he breathed. The always-gray sky with rainy clouds, that would unleash a single drop of water. The long dead trees, that even in dead longed for the rain and kept him awake in the night with their silent cries. But the thing, he hated the most, was the boredom. He woke up everyday thinking: life is goddamn boring! This world was an eternity of emptiness, nothing.
Even as he sat on his favorite rock(just one he picked randomly), he couldn’t believe, the world had to exist another day. Another long, boring day. Everybody feared the apocalypse but Ario. In fact he wondered, why God was taking so long.
As he sat there thinking about his hatred, he checked his list. The list of souls to take somewhere.
As a somewhat high ranking demon Ario had the honor(dirty duty, as he liked to call it) to collect to souls of the late humans, and sometimes eat them if he felt like it og needed to. A demon needed a fresh soul every now and then. An average demon would swallow a soul every ten year. Ario didn’t really care. He would eat hundreds one year and starve the next twenty. It wasn’t fun at all, they all tasted alike, but who knew – maybe one day he would find the exact one with another taste.
His eyes ran over the names:
Eric Park – Sinner
Jules Newton – Sinner
Nicita Rush – Sinner
Cedric Aloose – Sinner
Booooooring, he thought to himself.
Patrick Danelick - Sinner
Julia Alscouf – Saint
Lydia Sommer – Sinner
Wait... he read the sentence twice. A saint? Since when did the old dress-wearing farts upstairs allow a saint to get into the hands of a demon? It was very suspicious. That kind of trust did not exist these days. A saint was such a rare occasion, the angels would never let this one slip.
Suddenly Ario smiled. A lively smile, that was almost like the sun, he had never seen. This should be fun.

“Where are you going?”, a dull voice called. Shiki, the only demon, that bothered talking to Ario.
“Out”, Ario simply replied.
“Well, you are really being informative today, aren’t you?”, some of the other demons yelled, as Ario double-checked the list to be sure, this wasn’t a joke. Then he left without looking back.
“That guy’s never any fun. All he ever does is work!”, said one massive demon turning a little soul between his nails.
“And all you ever do is eat!”, said another demon waving with another shrieking soul.
“Hey, I’m helping the population problem down there. Killing a little more, than the list tells us to, isn’t troubling anybody. Just giving me some much needed food”
“You better watch yourself. They might find out upstairs”
“And you should watch your food”, the other countered and snatched the shrieking soul. In rage the demon attacked the thief, and the other demons happily joined the brawl – finally doing something.
“Hey, Shiki! You’re missing the first fight in a hundred years. Come on, potato head”
Shiki didn’t pay attention though – deepened as he was in his thoughts. Ario had actually said something. He must be in a very good mood.

As Ario arrived in the human world, he noticed the unnatural silence, that hang in the air around. Odd, he thought. Usually this world would be full of yelling people and noisy cars. Or just some mourning people sitting around the body – not able to see him, as he harvested. But in this room there was utterly quiet – and dark, he noticed. No lights or candles to lit room. What a weird place. But anyway there was work to do, and maybe he would taste a bit of this Julia's soul. Just to see if a saint tasted better than a sinner. He stepped forward and looking intensely into the dark, he finally located the body. It was a quite young woman. In her twenties or so. She was laying on a bed. Not with her hand folded or anything so. Normally, as if she was sleeping. He looked at for a while. Not really beautiful, but she had an unusual aura surrounding her.
Ario reached out to touch her pale skin. Suddenly a bright light shone and lit up the whole room. Ario's hand was burning, melting. He pulled it back and starred surprised at the body. On the woman's chest was carved an old Celtic symbol. The symbol of eternity. Ario swore. He couldn’t touch that. Only archangels- or demons would mess with that, so how the hell was he supposed to harvest that soul. What the hell was going on?!
“That sure took you long enough”, a light voice said.
Ario turned to look at a young girl with long black hair and dark green eyes, wait, no... they were grey – or were they? They seemed to change, every time Ario looked.
“As you probably understand, you can’t take my sister with you”, she continued.
Ario growled. Who was this girl?
“Since I can see, you are dying to know, my name is Alysa, and that is – was my sister Julia. And you are a demon from hell, I suppose. Angels should be... I don’t know. Shinier somehow”. She laughed.
He starred at her with dark eyes, crouching, ready to end the life of this silly girl with his claws. One swift movement, just one and it would be over.

to be continued...
Bsangel
Bsangel

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Saints aren't meant for demons Empty Re: Saints aren't meant for demons

Post  Mia-xx Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:35 am

Iiiih!! It's good!! great beginning! catchy or whatever it's called..
I don't know where you get your inspiration and fantasy from, but I'm jealous Suspect
Keep on writing! it's great Very Happy
Mia-xx
Mia-xx
Admin

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-02-15

http://Fictionized.motionforum.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum